When it comes to moving, there are so many things to remember! There are the big obvious things: sorting through your belongings, packing everything up, and cleaning up. But that’s just the beginning. There are all those little details that are essential to your move, and yet tend to get lost in the shuffle. Unfortunately, even those little details are big deals! Wouldn’t it be great if you had a moving checklist to ensure that you got everything done? That’s why we’ve complied this St. Louis moving checklist of the 10 most important things to remember when you are preparing to move:
1. Notify telephone, electric, gas, and water companies. Set a specific date for service discontinuation. Request a final meter reading. Don’t forget to connect utilities in your destination city prior to your arrival. Otherwise, you might have to stay at a hotel until they are connected. Use Wheaton’s helpful Utility Connection Center to disconnect and reconnect many of your utilities. Visit www.wheatonworldwide.com.
2. Notify your cable company and local newspapers to discontinue service. You can use Wheaton’s Utility Connection Center to do these tasks as well.
3. Change your magazine subscriptions. Make sure to change the address on your magazine subscriptions in advance to make sure you don’t miss any issues.
4. Advise your post office of your new address change in advance. This will prevent a delay in service.
5. Collect any deposits. Whether it’s a landlord or a utility company, it’s easier to get deposits back in person rather via long distance.
6. Check with your orthodontist, obstetrician, etc. If any members of your family require ongoing medical or dental treatment for which you have paid, arrange with the practitioner to pro-rate payments with a professional in your destination city.
7. Check with your homeowners insurance. It may be possible to have it applied to your future residence, or reassigned to the future owners and pro-rate payments. If not, you may qualify for a partial refund. Be sure to coordinate insurance so that you’re covered in your new residence immediately.
8. Transfer all insurance records. Verify that your car insurance is adequate, as rates vary from city to city and state to state.
9. Notify national credit or change card companies to change the address on your account.
10. Arrange for payment of your mover at destination. Unless charges are to be billed to your employer, payment by cash, certified check, or money order is required at your destination.
When it comes to moving, most people think about the cleaning, sorting, and packing involved. Or even the hauling and moving involved in transporting your belongings from here to there. But there are so many little details to remember that can make your relocation easier. Hazzard Moving and Storage has compiled a complete St. Louis moving checklist to help make your life, and you move, just a little bit smoother.
St. Louis Moving Checklist
Anyone can write on their website that they are a reliable and secure moving company, but that’s not always enough. Hiring a St. Louis moving company shouldn’t add stress to the already overwhelming thought of moving! Hazzard Moving and Storage has an A+ BBB rating and a St. Louis moving company with over 80 years of experience, providing quality, secure, and trustworthy moving and storage services. With a long line of happy, satisfied customers, experience, and recognition, the choice for the right moving company is a breeze! We hope that our St. Louis Moving Checklist will make it a little bit easier for you!
Call us today at (314) 772-9300 or you can email us at Patrickhazzard@Hazzardmoving.com